Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Journey of Celeste Jane

Here I am, taking my journey online! So what is my point, my goal, my wish, my journey? It is to make a menu for a restaurant called Celeste Jane. The name may seem a bit awkward but I can't help it - Celeste Jane is what it has to be. It has to be that way because it comes from my grandmothers - Jewel Celeste and Mary Jane. They are the two women who have inspired my life the most with their love, honesty, determination, sassiness and, of course, their cooking. They taught me to cook and continue to teach me to this day. Most of the time I do not use their recipes but I always follow their rules.

It is with their spirit that I make each dish my own. Growing up I watched as they put all their love and sassiness into the meals they made for us. That is how I learned that ingredients make food, but it is when you add in love that it becomes great food. And if you add a little sassiness to it, it becomes unforgettable food. So, with a lot of love, determination and sass I will embark on my journey to make the perfect menu for Celeste Jane.

So how do you fit into my journey? You are the honesty. And with that honesty, I hope that you will help me create my menu. Each week I will post new recipes I have created in my little kitchen in Aurora, CO. I hope you will try one of them, or maybe all of them. Love them or hate them, let me know! Give me suggestions, give me the truth, give me a menu!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...this is beautiful. Sounds like you have a plan. I guess, it was my Father who imspired me the most. His dream was to open up a small restaurant in the Caribbean and just live day by day and getting to know all the different cultures. I like what you said about not following your grandmothers’ recipes but following their rules. One of my father’s rules was “presentation”. He always said the only way you are going to get people to taste you food is if it is presented properly. I will continue reading you blog and enjoying your recipes.

    Buen provecho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do have a plan it is just a matter of realizing it. I think it was Thomas Edison that said "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration." The biggest obstacle I have is getting motivated to do the work after a 10 hour day at the office.

    Your father was right. Presentation is important...I am learning that. My new thing is making my food look good when I put it on the dish. My husband thinks I am crazy, but he always takes pictures. : )

    Thank you for reading...I will keep posting!

    ReplyDelete