Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Reality of a Day

I start each day with such expectations and I would say about 35% of the time they are realized. Plans for today...leave at 5:00, go to yoga, go to the market and go home and make my Ratatouille Tart.

The Reality:

I am going home late, missing yoga and missing time with friends. Life is not always as planned and there is a beauty in that, however, it would be nice to spend some time on my yoga mat. But, I suppose I should listen to my yoga teachings and go with the flow, let go of what I cannot change. Maybe tomorrow I will be rewarded with a yoga class and a walk at Wash Park with my dear friend Melinda.

What I do know about today is that I am going home to make a crust for my tart. Eventually my husband will be there and so will my adorable sister-in-law. They bring such light to my life and I am excited to share my new creation with them. And if the crust doesn't work and the tart doesn't make it to the table we will still laugh and enjoy being together. And at the end of the long day, maybe I will make it to the gym after or maybe I will just curl up on the couch with a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment