Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ratatouille & Goat Cheese Tart




Since I made enough Ratatouille last night for a party of 6 and it was just a party of two, I am going to use the rest in a tart. I have never made a cornmeal tart crust from scratch, but I will be doing that tonight. And for tonight's creation, the key ingredient will be GOAT CHEESE. Yes, tangy delicious goat cheese!

Leave work around 5, go to my favorite yoga class to work up an appetite, grab some goat cheese at the market and head home to revive the ratatouille with a cornmeal crust, goat cheese and a lot of LOVE!

4 comments:

  1. Goat cheese adds a nice flavor to most anything.

    Hi. Discovered your blog via What Could Happen and am happy that I will follow your journey.

    I recently made a zucchini/onion/roasted pepper tart with goat cheese and a parmesan crushed walnut mixture. Adding the walnuts made a nice addition.

    Have you thought of adding some pine nuts into the tart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am so glad you will follow my journey!

    I had not thought of pine nuts, but that is an excellent idea. Now I will be picking up cheese and pine nuts at the market. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm that sounds so good!

    I've never made ratatouille or even eaten it, but your version looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cindy! I turned out very good. The key is the spices. They make ALL the difference. It is really fun to make and goes well with red wine.

    ReplyDelete