Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Herb Crusted Halibut & Ratatouille

Tonight I am going to make Herb Crusted Halibut and Ratatouille.

My inspiration:

The Halibut - Spending time with my grandparents each year in the San Juan Islands in Washington. There, we would catch our fish during the day and at night my grandmother would make it delicious with the simplest of ingredients. I will take the way she taught me to prepare the fish with salt and olive oil and add my own set of spices.

The Ratatouille - I have to be honest, I was inspired by movie about a rat with a great sense of smell. However, I was also inspired by the time I spent in Israel on the Mediterranean. I decided to add some Middle Eastern spice to this basic French dish. So, no, it won't be traditional. It will be my own.



The key players for both dishes:



Thyme, Rosemary, Basil and Parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment