Friday, August 21, 2009

My Grassroots Approach to Menu Making

So, I have asked my fellow foodies/bloggers to help me on my journey to realizing my dream of opening Celeste Jane, a restaurant inspired by love.

I was thinking about this and I realized...what have I offered in return? Nothing.

So here is what I propose....You help me make my menu and when Celeste Jane opens I will throw a private grand opening party for my friends who helped me along the way.

What will be on the menu?

The food you helped me create, plenty of great wine and company and, of course, there will be the love!

"Love is supreme and unconditional; like is nice but limited."
- Duke Ellington

3 comments:

  1. i have not commented because i have not spent the time to read the past posting and see what your approach is. i can say that the lst few times that i have gone to to mainland mexico, the ranchera steaks have been great. a flatiron steak grilled. i have had it served with guacalome and salsa fresca. the last time, i had it with a hot (temperature) habaero sauce. i bet you could do a saude with those chiles. a couple of tablespoons of the sauce on steak. you could also do a sweet sauce (no garlic and onions) and serve it over vanilla ice cream. i had a sweet tomatillo sauce on ice cream once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you LOVE making? Is there one type of food genre? I'm getting the impression there is more than just italian, mexican, french - maybe you could create a hodgepodge menu, but do what you love. It'll come across in the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making so many foods, it is hard to pick just one. I am thinking a hodgepodge menu is the way for me to go. My husband is East Indian so I have learned a lot about cooking Indian food. I am from the Oklahoma, so a lot of the food I make centers around that part of my life. I love Italian, Mexican, Greek, Middle Eastern, Indian, French, South American...the list could go on and on. What I want to do is create a menu that includes a variety of flavorful food...sort of a global fare. You are right, I have to choose what I love to make. 2 of the things I love to make are curry and lasagna...so there will definitely be variety! : )

    ReplyDelete