Thursday, August 20, 2009

Celeste Jane, Babies, Good Food and Yoga...It's All Zen


My mind has been preoccupied lately with Celeste Jane, babies and food and somewhere in it all I am fighting to keep my zen.

My dream to open Celeste Jane has been in the works for a long time. The idea was to open a restaurant where I could spend my days focusing on good food and family. My family is big and so is my husband's...especially when you add in all the wonderful friends we call family. And now, we are working to make our family even bigger. And if all goes as planned, by the time Celeste Jane becomes a reality we will have some baby energy to add to the love.

While it is an exciting time of love, business plans, ideas and creating good food, I have a hard time staying present. It seems that the time in a day rushes past before I know it. That is why I try to fit in a yoga class as often as I can. Like cooking, yoga gives me peace of mind and is a reminder of where I am right now and that I need to relish in that place, that moment. The yoga studio is a place where I let all expectations and judgement from others and myself go.

I would like Celeste Jane to be like a yoga class...I would like it to be a place where people can go to let go...a place where judgement and ridiculous expectations don't exist. Maybe the house rules should be "While you are here enjoy, be present and only focus on the good."

So, with Celeste Jane, babies, good food and yoga on my brain I will continue my journey. And while sometimes it is easy to fly through life, I will remember that where I am and is the best place to for me to be right now and I will savor it like a good glass wine or a delicious sauce that has been simmering all day. However, on the same vein, I will never forget to keep moving forward and pursuing my reality.

“I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning . . . Every day I find something creative to do with my life.” - Miles Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment